Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Life for rent

" if my life is for rent
nothing I own is really mine" ....
Dido lyrics run through my mind . Every time I or someone else either looses someone dear, or something of value , like health
To be sarcastic , which by the way I enjoy at times , we re born with nothing , everything we gain afterwards is sheer profit .... But this is just another relative truth.   Some of us are not born healthy , and many of those who do, take it for granted.   And some of us are born with a silver spoon in their mouth... We often say they don t live in the real world .. But which real world are we talking about.   The reality made of rules made of man.  We comply with a world of rules created by our elders , when it doesn t fit we complain and in many cases we take action that changes that reality for the worst instead of for the better.
Cause we allow bad stuff to happen, we lift restrictions, and what we allow will continue.   And so a perverted disfunctional gross normality becomes the norm for our children to grow in.  Each new generation fails to understand the oldest one' dismay ....
Just a simple example : I was getting a couple of things at the supermarket last week ... In front of me this elderly couple, nicely dressed, nicely mannered.   They had a full trolley of things .... And here I found myself judging : the old  lady took every single item out of the trolley , the man would not help.  With the exception for the big pack of water bottles in the end .   I rushed to judge , I admit I was quite indignant over the fact that he was just looking , not giving a hand.   But thinking about it I realized : they were born around the 40 s .... He is still king of his castle and she s the woman. Chores like this one, shopping , are hers to do.   He did help with the heavy water.  I won t be seeing much of this behaviour with a young couple.  Roles turned to the point of overturning.   This relates to gender, but likewise, things changed for the  worst in many other aspects of our lives.  We don't even see it anymore.  We accept it without wondering.  We don t ask ourselves WHY anymore.  And this is at the root of our misery.
We may be all tenants in this life.   And we may have moments when we wonder : what s all for ?!   I strongly believe the point of our life is to make it better for ourselves.   One for another.  We preety much do the opposite.   We indirectly fight and poison one another.   Thats when we re not doing it literally    If our life is for rent, we sure burn every  second s worth.

No comments: