Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The memories of tomorrow

God blessed me with a short memory.   But don t be fooled for I am amazed of what I DO remember ...and when  I look back at my life and sometimes struggle  to  remember the pain, I think :why would I want to remember it, anyway? Its God way of telling me thats what I don t need.  At a certain point in my life, without actually being aware of what that act fully meant, I took the decision to play my own game and fight my own fight , to confront all of my fears, one at a time.  It's the only way I now know go forward.

     
“Someday I'll forget the color of your eyes, the sound of your voice will be unfamiliar. Someday I'll forget that I once loved you, the feelings will have faded, someday I'll forget.”


Forgetting is part of life and its mandatory for the process of forgiveness. I feel bad for those people that never forget.  Its harder for them to forgive.   They hold on to the fight , they want things their way.   But things are never one s way.  Things just are the way they are.   The sooner you make peace with that the better
Forgetting helps forgiving the others and forgiving yourself for letting go or lying yourself for so long. Because the best way to get even is to forget
Forgetting purifies us once again , for it is only when we forget all our learning that we begin to know.  What we think we know is mostly and generally prejudice and that alters the supreme reality of life.
“Prejudice cannot see the things that are because it is always looking for things that aren't”..... And prejudice is widely spread ,like a poison of which very few are aware : “Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.”
And the sadest thing about prejudice is that it, "not being founded on reason,  cannot be removed by argument”.  In other words, the odds for me winning over your prejudiced opinion are not so good.  Don t wonder why I m giving up on you.

We let it poison all our feelings: friendship and passion and love.   It rules our life and we re fools to think we re in control.  To some of us , old age brings a drop of wisdom but how much of a difference does that late freedom make?

"Do you really believe ... that everything historians tell us about men – or about women – is actually true? You ought to consider the fact that these histories have been written by men, who never tell the truth except by accident "

At the end of the day, I let my heart sort through my memories.  I open my heart to help it heal and I open my mind to help it see. Beyond prejudice and beyond the pain that comes with it.  Accepting that some things I want just cannot be and that it's got nothing to do with me.   At the end of the day, life is about the memories of tomorrow    And I cannot wait.







No comments: