Monday, November 18, 2013

time we may not own, but give it to yourself

The glass of the windows is foggy tonight...its winter in Ireland, even if few days in
between are unexpectedly warm for this time of year. 
The year end is near, and we all must be thinking of how it was: good or bad?
Fast? Fulfilling?  Either way is almost behind us.  And when the time comes we shall cheer for a better one! 

Do you remember your start of year resolutions? Did you do what you have planned to ? I hope you sticked to your promises. I hoped you called your parents more often, if not, there s still a month to make up for it Do not worry, they ll be happy and forget you did not call them for months. Do it now. Before the year ends, check your friends list and make time to catch up. They re busy too, they ll understand, but just make sure you call. Or send a card. I m still so happy when I get a card, its the special feeling of times gone, but what it says is that your friend is still your friend and he s thinking of you. I believe cards are beautiful, not the e-cards, but the ones you pick yourself in the shop and fill them with your own thoughts in less tried handwriting.  I keep cards, they are also leaves of past, I would feel heartless to throw them away.  Its the golden leaves of the past that after all are hiding the path of our lives, so quietly...but mark the greatest moments...


Now, unlike last year, I don't seem to find my "list"....but one of the things I remember writing down was : "Do every single day one thing you don't feel like doing
 Good things for yourself or others don't always feel great, but you must tell yourself: do it, is for a good cause. If its to forgive someone, to go for a jog, to apologize, to let go of anger, to catch up on house work, to admit you re wrong,  to just let go, you must do it.  And so I did....most days.  And at the same time, some things on my list did not happened. Because yes, I can do it all,  but I always give myself time. Time may not be one of the things we own, but : “Give yourself the gift of time in coming to answers for your life"  Some of the things you wanna do, you still can't force them into happening. All you can do is try, give your best, and go on knowing that you tried. 

No comments: