Tuesday, October 22, 2013

travelling is the only thing you pay for that will make you richer !;)

traveling alone! definitely a treat 
minutes in Barcelona 

22nd of July 
Early Sunday morning....on the metro to Barceloneta !! yupppy!!
sleazy neighbor at the hotel , or is it me assuming so?! maybe ....The weather is not ideal for sunbathing, but I m ever hopeful, so here I am all ready for the sun. All good, God bless this Sunday ......had a long walk on the beach, admired the W Hotel, and who knows, I might settle for it next time :) a group of elderly were playing some game in the sand, involving metal balls.  That was funny to observe. 
around 6pam I m back on Avinguda Diagonal, five minutes from home. Loved the day, got all the sun I could. Cautious? I was, I used loads of suncream and ate a lot of ice cream :) And I ll apply the after sun cream immediately after shower. I m here alone, I cannot afford any sun allergy to ruin my time.      and I miss someone quite bad ...

23th of July 
I m on the train to Callela, and I need to calm down! some girl tried to steal my purse. And she was "working" with somebody else, a guy....They did say to pay attention to your belongings, when I was reading feedback and advice on-line, planning my trip....I was lucky, as I reacted quickly.  After gettin on into the train, I can't actualy say what it made me check my bag. My purse isn't inside my messenger style bag, instinctively looked at this girl next to me, like I knew what's going on. I suppose my "hidden brain", the unconscious mind, kicked in. ( read this amazing book, "The hidden brain", by Shankan Vedantam, highly recommend it) Thank God it did. Its me who always says I cannot see and asks my son to pay attention to stuff... I saw myself right than for a moment without papers and no money, alone in Barcelona. Well, of course I would have figured it out somehow, but the thought was terrifying still. So I touched this girl lightly and said to her in English, I knew she understood :"you took my purse, give me back my purse!" She put a blank face on, but she was rocking her moon shaped bag around her body and I was positive I m right in my suspicions. I caught her eyes only for a fraction of a second,  looking towards the boy, and that was enough for me to see their plot. So I talked to him, clearly and quite loudly " its you than, you took my purse"  I could feel all eyes around on me. He looked at me with a surprised expression, than bent down and "picked" my purse from the floor. Its never been there,I mean it never touched the floor, I would have heard the fall. He just hands it to me but I wasn't happy. I pointed at them and said : " they work together, they just tried to steal my purse, these two are working together, they re thieves!" The thieves said nothing, just walked away, saw them for a few more moments, they moved to a different wagon. I could actually see now everybody looking at me, and this other guy kept staring, before me snapping "what is your problem?!" I have found a seat and maybe just than the shock kicked in, I was shaking a little, could not stop thinking "what if?" What if I lost my purse in this train, on my way to Callela? I did calm down eventually, reading the book I had with me. One woman did call the police, and two officers arrived I could tell she was giving them details on the thieves appearance and what just happened. She looked approvingly towards me, she seemed happy for me somehow, a nice woman. 
Ah, that was quite scary. I was very happy to have been so assertive and also a bit proud of myself, imagine. Thank you God for taking care of me. I just need to get to my motel room, have a shower and chill. Tomorrow is a new day, a better one, so smile!

No comments: