Monday, October 21, 2013

if you don't get lost, there s a chance you may never be found (author unknown)

....by myself in Barcelona....what times !
minutes of my trip :

20th of July

second evening here in Barcelona and I m on a "promenade"on Avinguda de Padralbes. Slightly breezier than last night, but damn, doesn't it feel good doing nothing?! And that's what I m doing, just like I planned. Had a short nap, weird dreams...meant to watch TV but that would have been a waste of my "off" time ! I m amazed at all these people jogging right here in the heart of the city. But hey they have the space to do it, clear marking on these wide streets.....space, warm weather, laid back life

El Corte Ingles: main shopping centre. Except I ve not much to spend. I m strolling by...window shopping...drawn to the sunglasses department, unsurprisingly :) than found the Tshirt my bro wants, a fortune hmmmmmm
Being here by yourself, you get that weird feeling that nobody cares....I mean, I m a nobody for all these people (and pretty much like where I live, but aware of this feeling only in these circumstances) But I don't hate it, I embrace it. Maybe freedom implies nonexistence....It can be a slap in the face, or total relaxation...I guess I feel both, what am I doing with my life? All of a sudden, the limitless desires, as I see it...the petty things we all wish for, and me acting so many times like I have them all / hello, I could!/ but choose not to.....I sure hate these "breaks" when I see how far I am from getting those...I was convincing myself for all these years that I don't need them, don't want them...content with myself, when it would be nice to have contentment shared. Ah, this is getting me sad, snap out of it girl!!!

21st of July
another thing I don't see very often where I m coming from: father in hand with daughter, mother in hand with son, it's lunch time on Saturday and I see many families around, sharing good times. Warm but cloudy, had my beach dress on but turned back to change...I m not going to get any tan today ...So I m off to the old town by metro...love wondering around...
and here I am at the big Museu D'Art, celebrating one thousand years and I just missed the fountain show...sad over it...beautiful view! Its crowded, and really warm but than again the refreshing breeze makes it nice....I don't wanna move, I d stay up here for hours, heights always gave me a nice feeling. I'm so near Placa Espanya, the place where the bus brought me to last nite, and than from where I took a taxi to my hotel....there s so much culture in this city, I m overwhelmed!

early afternoon, back by metro to the Arc de Triumph, to visit La Ciudat Vella. I walked half the Avinguda Meridiana , the wrong way ! :))) typical me! than gave up and took the metro..spend half an hour at Placa Reial, than went to Palau Guell, another piece of Gaudi. Impressive to say the least.

later in my room...no walk tonight, tired, I had quite a day ! Got back around 6pm, had shower and loads of food...its time for my legs up and chill with a documentary on Discovery about Brazil. Female taxi drivers, except on helicopters!! wow! Sky taxi service booms over Sao Paolo! Thats what I call a traffic jam, people, nothing like Dublin and that's something I ll sure remember ! Plus, Brazil is on my bucket list ;)
don't mind the night in. I have champagne in the fridge, I m spoiled. Can't wait for tomorrow, hope to get the good weather, than Monday off I am to Callela! God be with me. And thank you God for these beautiful days of my life! I m blessed.
Good night Barcelona



No comments: