Tuesday, October 29, 2013

If genius is the pursuit of madness

I have always admired gifted people    First of all I m secretely jeleaus on those who can sing    This Sunday at church, one lady in the choir sang a psalm and I was close to tears    And in awe !   I could not have said for my life she was so gifted before her starting singing    And what a voice she had, the hairs stand up on the back of my neck !
I believe there should be a law that requires you to be gifted , tallented, have a calling for the job you re being paid for   Long gone are the times when you went with your calling and followed your dreams ! Now we re thinking : " i should get into that college course so I get that job to be able to pay that mortgage for that house " ! The majority of good jobs equal good money and trully tallented kids are advised to "get real" or indeed they have to. There are many talents between us, indeed is said we all have a talent from God , it just might take time to discover it    And who makes the time for self descovery ? Too few of us, trapped in the everyday s mundane rat races.... How blessed are all artists out there, poor or recognised, for they see the world in color! I only wish I can write some day, I might have to put ten thousands hours into it, just to justify my ambition! I hope to become a good writter but thats not for one other person to decide " oh, you re good, stick to it" but for thousands at least      I m pursuing a dream, and while hoping for the better, I m ready for the worst    I have high expectations but reality is deemed to get some sense into me
If the genius is the pursuit of madness, does that mean that we should not look for the genius hidden inside each of us ? Oh no, if anyone seeks selfrealisation, we should strive to unearth that special gift we each have ! If I like writting  I should continue to write and get better at it, hopefully ( again)   I mean, isn t all we do backed by hope anyway? The hope to be happy, which universally means being healthy, having friends, being loved and love back  The materialistic gains gives us momentary satisfaction but it won t help much just before bed, when is just you , masks down , in need of a hug and "good night"   Doing what you like should be the ultimate goal    Get better at what you like doing also    A life long learning, never think you re best you could be cause there s always someone better than you out there    There will always be that person that makes your hair stand on the back of your head   So you better keep working  

No comments: